All hypnosis is self hypnosis
- Hypnosis is a consent state. Just as with sleep, forcing the situation is redundant and counterproductive. A person cannot be forced into hypnosis, they must let go and let it happen.
- A hypnotist may act as a guide but it is the client's mind and body that allow hypnosis to take place. Hypnosis can only occur if the client wants it to.
Hypnosis is a natural state of mind that anyone can experience
- The state of hypnosis has to do with a natural slowing down of brain wave patterns. When the mind relaxes and slows into the alpha state, it becomes more aware, more focused and more receptive.
Everyone experiences hypnosis at least two times a day
- Just before falling asleep at night and prior to full awakening, the mind naturally passes through an alpha state. During these times you may feel like you're half awake and half asleep. This light state of hypnosis is a natural process. Other examples can include daydreaming, meditation, relaxed reading and watching television.
Hypnosis is a state of relaxation
- Hypnosis creates deep physical relaxation. Just 10 minutes a day of this relaxation can be as beneficial as a few hours of rest and can be a great way to relax and energize.
Hypnosis is a state of heightened awareness
- Hypnosis creates a greater sense of awareness than most people experience in their everyday waking state. You always know what's going on, you are completely aware and can remember your experience.
Hypnosis is an acquired skill
- Hypnosis is a tool of mind. With sincere motivation and practice, anyone can learn to benefit from this relaxed state. As with any new skill, practice is the key to success.
Hypnosis is self control
- You are in complete control in hypnosis and have full awareness. You only behave in ways that are harmonious with your personal morals and values. You would never do anything in hypnosis that would go against your personal morals or beliefs.
Hypnosis can help you create change
- Hypnosis allows you to create change at the core level or the actual cause of the problem. Unwanted habits, emotional reactions, self image and physical responses can be influenced and changed with hypnosis through education, imagery and suggestion.